A remake of HeartLight PC by Epic Games.
Product state: released
Current version: V1.06
- Window caption is set to show app name and version.
- Changed the captions in options from full upper case to normal case.
- Under the hood: Block graphics is now loaded with level pack, allowing level pack to alter block graphics.
- A new level pack containing five levels released. (2018_five-pack).
This one contains new graphics if loaded into 1.06, but can be played with 1.05 too.
What's planned next:
- Gilby's level pack with 15 additional maps packed into the archive (thanks to Tomasz Radko for remembering me)
- Under the hood: Changes in used units. No re-release needed.
- Intro sequence simplified.
- Added sound options (Press F12 almost anytime to access)
- Yet another data container format change.
- Fixed: Diamond counter background glitch when count>39
- Another repack with using our new data container format.
V1.02 Build 0029 (12.10.2006)
- Editor updated by tips sent by Péter Bernát.
V1.01 Build 0002 (11.07.2005)
- Lightheart was repacked to be compatible with the Total Commander plug-in. But!
Don't download the new version if you have a game in progress, since the mappack
was repacked too, so the game will recognize it as a new mappack...
V1.00 Build 0006 (20.06.2005)
- Pressing ESC after going trough a tunnel caused the game to crash. Fixed.
V0.99 beta Build 0441 (17.06.2005)
- Outro completed, can be selected from the map list, when all the maps are
completed. So finally the game is done. Go, download it...
V0.99 beta Build 0391 (08.05.2005)
- Added an outro sequence. It will be played when all maps are completed in a
level pack. Now I have to add this at the end of the level list...
V0.99 beta Build 0390 (01.05.2005)
- Implemented the delete player option (press DEL in the player list).
V0.99 beta Build 0372 (22.04.2005)
- Got all musics and sound from Maestro Rockfistus, so it's up on me to finish this
game. Rocky reported some bugs (balloon pushing in the top row and selecting another
level pack crashed the game, left tunnel sfx was not played correctly), they are
corrected now. Have to add some ending when all levels finished (music is ready!),
and a player delete option would be nice.
V0.99 beta Build 0371 (19.04.2005)
- Rocko sent me another song (Ingame tune). Download and listen! It's f*ckin' ace!
(Start Map 02 to hear it...)
V0.99 beta Build 0360 (06.04.2005)
- Guess who volunteered to write song for the game? You're right. Rockfistus is on
the board again. He sent 2 tracks already. One for the level list and one for
in-game. And what I've done? Added a fading MKSZTSZ and LightHeart logo to the
start of the game. I must add the delete key to the player select list, and
I should use some other method for the editbox' keyboard polling. (It cannot handle
Shift+numbers and some other combos...)
V0.99 beta Build 0308 (22.03.2005)
V0.99 beta Build 0307 (22.03.2005)
- Engine reworked. I must ask help for music and sound...
V0.99 beta Build 0218 (17.03.2005)
- Player registry done. Every player have its own registry for every level pack.
- Minor fixes with bombs, some maps were impossible to complete. This means that the game is even more authentic!
- Maps can be left through the exit when all diamonds are collected.
- Known bug: player can enter a tunnel when its exit is blocked.
Started to code the player registry.
V0.99 beta Build 0199 (16.03.2005)
Bomb chain reaction fixed, tested on a few levels. Minor block scanning fixes...
V0.99 beta Build 0173 (11.03.2005)
Font created, diamond and map indicator placed. Added a thin line to the bottom
and the top of the play area since some maps has no borders from walls.
V0.99 beta Build 0143 (25.02.2005)
Balloon gfx changed, tunnel gfx added. Tunnel works, engine almost complete.
Needed: bomb -> real chain reaction, make the exit work...
V0.99 beta Build 0124 (24.02.2005)
Exit opening animation only starts when closed exit animation finished its
current loop. Balloon works. Missing from engine: tunnels (gfx and code).
V0.99 beta Build 0117 (23.02.2005)
Bomb and balloon works, bomb (barrel), explosion, balloon gfx added.
Exit opens when all diamonds collected.
V0.99 beta Build 0099 (22.02.2005)
Explosion bug fixed, exit gfx added, movement bugs fixed. Must do something
with controls, no fine movement can be done...
V0.99 beta Build 0084 (21.02.2005)
Bomb works, explosion gfx added.
V0.99 beta Build 0075 (20.02.2005)
Added support for animated graphics and random block gfx selection. (for example
if you have 4 diamond gfx, the game will pick randomly for each diamond on each level)
V0.99 beta Build 0054 (18.02.2005)
Block handling reworked to be more authentic. Pushing works. New gfx added for
metal wall, boulder, grass, elf. Need to make possibility of animated gfx.
V0.99 beta Build 0036 (17.02.2005)
Somebody in the RetroRemakes.com
forums requested this game. I had a spare half day, so quickly whomped up the
base engine. For gfx I ripped the original, but those will be reworked from
scratch. (Maybe with no elf and hearts...)
You can move around and things fall down and roll from each other. Needed:
pushing, bomb exploding, balloons raising, door opening, collision checking,
heart counter, scoreboard, font and other little things.
- Show available keys on screen.