A remake of Vlak by Miroslav Nemecek.
Music: Infamous (www.infamousuk.com)
Sound effects: Mike Fraley
Game objective: Move around with your little steam engine, pick up all cargos and get to the exit before you hit the wall or your train.
Source is available at Github: https://github.com/MKGilby/LittleTrain
Product state: released
Current version: V1.10
- Under the hood: Settings reworked, you can specify which settings to show
(Sound, Video, Speed)
- You can only set sound settings while in-game.
- Added scaling quality to video settings. (Only has meaning in fullscreen,
applied on selecting Apply.)
- BUGFIX: Speed was not preset in options to actual speed.
- RELEASE: V1.10 released, I think it's completed.
- BUGFIX: Changing full screen mode on map selector screen always brings you back
to slot 0.
- Added speed settings. Speed is saved for each slot.
- There are 5 speed settings + "Still" for the players who only want to solve the
puzzles. In Still mode move only occurs when you press any arrow key.
- BUG: Changing full screen mode on map selector screen always brings you back
to slot 0.
- BUGFIX: The blue engine puffed backwards when moved backwards.
- BUGFIX: Release version didn't work.
- The black engine's puffing effect is put into a separated animation.
- Rotated the trainwreck sprite to match the train's last direction.
- On the congratulations level the standing engine puffs the steam.
- BUG: The blue engine puffs backwards when moving backwards.
- Fullscreen setting can be applied instantly on the map selector screen too.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a drawing glitch on map selector screen with maps going out
on the left side of the window.
- Settings is restructured.
- Fullscreen setting can be applied instantly when you're on the slot select screen.
(It not yet works on the map selector screen.)
2022.11.21 - 2nd session
- BUGFIX: Approaching the last wagon from the direction it comes from, made
the game exit to the map selector screen.
- Spritesheet modified so it doesn't mess up the wall with scale quality 1.
- BUGFIX: Music volume was not saved. It was though, but when read back it was
set to zero for some reason.
- Added fullscreen option to options.
- BUG: Approaching the last wagon from the direction it comes from, makes
the game exit to the map selector screen.
- Fullscreen with SDL_HINT_RENDER_SCALE_QUALITY='0' is okay, but whit '1' the
brick wall has a thin black line in the lower brick.
- Didn't have to rework the VMU, found the culprit line. Congratulations map
works now. (Unified the slot numbering tough.)
- BUG: Music volume is not saved.
- Tried to test the congratulations level but got stuck in slot number
inconsistency. So I want to rework the VMU and config handling.
Got the next two days off, so...
- BUG narrowed down and FIXED: Hitting last wagon after picking up a cargo
dropped back to map selector with map completed status. This bug existed in
earlier published versions too!
It seemed that currently picked up wagons didn't set map value to occupied (31),
but somehow the engine's and last wagon's matching coordinates triggered the
leaving of the map.
- On map selector screen the "Welcome n!" line changed to simple "Welcome!".
- BUGFIX: Some train pieces were drawn wrongly.
- BUGFIX: Animation didn't play when hit wall/wagon.
- BUGFIX: Engine animation wasn't play.
- BUG: Hitting a wagon drops back to map selector with map completed status.
- Space/Enter works in slot selector, map selector comes in.
- Map selector works, you can play unlocked maps.
- BUG: Some train pieces are drawn wrongly
- BUG: When hitting wall/wagon the animation doesn't play.
- BUG: Engine animation doesn't play.
- --- Project is being in a broken state, cannot compile now. ---
- Added thumb images to create map previews.
- Added map previews
- Options menu works in slot selector. (Press F12 to invoke.)
- When quitting, scroll and logo flies out.
- You can reset progress on slots (press DEL to initiate resetting progress on the selected slot).
- Renamed build batch files.
- Scroll added.
- Slot selector fades out nicely when ESC pressed.
- Save slot selector is now displayed as nicely as player selector.
- Player name won't be stored, you can only select save slot. (Progress % and score will be displayed.)
- Started reworking with SDL2.
- Version number increased to V1.10 .
- Graphical assets are converted to PNG.
- No more ASHscript. :)
- Coding is not started yet.
- Under the hood: following unit changes.
- Cropped the logos to reduce file size.
- Music MP3s are packed too. (Increasing memory usage, decreasing file size)
- Music files are loaded by ASHScript.
- Wave files are loaded by ASHScript.
- Settings.ini is no longer needed.
- Fonts are loaded by ASHScript.
- Intro images are loaded by ASHScript.
- Datafile rebuild: no prepocessing, only ZLib used.
- Recompiled with latest ASHScript.
- TEditBox fix: follow changes in class.
- Fixed cherry and cake animations.
- Fixed app icon.
- Maps not yet uncovered are not selectable.
- Congrats map is uncovered only when all other maps are complete.
- EYE-CANDY: When completing a map, during the end of map sfx, the wagons are
rushing into the exit with increasing speed.
- BUGFIX: PSCursor caused range check error in rare conditions.
- Congratulations map is endless now: When the engine stops at
the red-light, another engine (a blue one) comes from right and goes
away with the wagons. Then the light changes to green, more present appears
and the train goes to pick them up again. Light changes back to red after
the engine passes it.
(This increases the probability to the player listens to the "congrats" music
in its entirety.)
- Tried the tunnel graphics, not made it any better, so removed it.
- Explosion keeps the direction of the engine.
- In the congratulations map the blue engine comes in and pulls the
congratulations wagons off-screen.
- Under the hood: Implemented ping-pong animation mode in TAnimation.
- GIT integration
- Under the hood: Animations reworked again, even smaller file size.
- Preparations under the hood to allow the endless congratulations map.
- Engine on congratulations map now starts from the signal, but only when it is
- The congratulations map plays the congratulations music.
- Made a signal to stop the train instead of the end-track piece.
- Made a blue engine. It will be used in the congratulations map.
- Using the stopped wheel animation when the train stops at the red signal.
- Congratulations map layout modified to let the engine go around and
collect the presents again and again.
- Created an engine animation with stopped wheels only puffing the steam.
- Sprites are reworked, animations loads by bytecode.
- Using the stopped wheel animation at the start of a map.
- Congratulations map plays itself.
- The train stops at the track-end piece.
- There are a fixed text that appears at "Congratulations" type maps.
- Animation data comes from the ImageList bytecode.
(No need to set framedelays in the code)
- Map data reworked again, to hold flags and optionally the solution sequence.
- Congrats map have only the total score and a "Congratulations!" text in the map selector.
- Congrats thumbnail shows the track end piece instead of door.
- Map data reworked, to hold congratulations blocks too.
- Congrats map is added to map selector.
- It is playable, in the final version it will play itself.
- Congrats map hides scoreboard when playing itself.
- Congrats wagons are animated.
- BUG: Animations are not looped (except crash2)
- Created sprites of "congratulations" map.
- ImageCollections changed to ImageLists and are loaded by interpreted bytecode.
- Animated goodies starts at a random frame.
- Map file reworked, XMap and XMapPack dropped. (EXE and DATA size reduced.)
- Options text is centered vertically
- Options font color changed
- After total score you can see how much points you got for the currently
2014.09.18 - V0.1.406
- BUGFIX: Memory leaks
- REWORK: Sprites
- REWORK: PlayerRegistry
- No info before this point of time...
- Intro is now synchronized to timer instead of count of frames.
- Press F12 anytime when key input accepted to access volume settings.